Fulfilling. Innovative. Collaborative. These are some of the words employees used to describe their careers at Worthen. Worthen Industries is a true family owned and operated solutions focused manufacturer. Our people share the passion to solve problems and work as a team. We believe that collaboration is the way to accomplish goals.
Are you ready to be part of the US Manufacturing industry and to learn and make a difference?
We are looking for Maintenance Technicians to undertake the responsibility to preserve the safe conditions and functionality of the premises. You will be responsible for performing work involving diversified duties. Including things such as repairing mechanical equipment, troubleshooting, processing Work Orders on the MicroMain database, etc. The ideal candidate is proactive in looking for preventative repairs, an excellent problem solver, and is detail-oriented. First and Second Shifts available.
- Perform maintenance and repair duties as necessary to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Write purchase orders and contact vendors to obtain parts and equipment as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Analyze boiler water and adjust chemicals as necessary to ensure good boiler condition.
- Analyze soft water and notify service company when repairs are necessary to maintain required softness.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials, and questionable conditions to Department Supervisor. Maintain work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Computer experience and open to a digital work order management system.
- Have knowledge and awareness of OSHA and state safety regulations and policies.
- Ability to properly handle solvents and chemicals following SDS/MSDS sheets.
- Knowledge of lockout tag out procedures for all types of equipment; safety training provided.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, or straightedges.
- Welding and fabricating experience or certifications.
- Pipe fitting experience.
We believe that employees supporting us, should be supported with their goals. We are the best in what we do; because we believe in our people, and value their families. With bonus based health insurance plans, a wellness coach on staff, and a focus on personal growth and personal lifestyle, we truly support you as an employee. Our benefits package includes health insurance, 401k, profit sharing and other voluntary benefits. Are you ready to experience what it means to work for a global family owned and operated manufacturing organization? Then apply today!